Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Interviews: Interview Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #66 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Big3 1:56 am

In America you'll hear people often say of music "I like everything except rap" or "I like everything except country." You've told us where you stand with the former, but do you like Country? Is there another genre you just don't like the vibe of?

fasho3859 1:59 am

Both of the comments really anger me because the reaosn most people say that is because they've only listened to what's on the radio i.e. Ludacris and Garth Brooks. When it comes to country, I really like Old Crow Medicine Show and The Avett Brothers the most.

Big3 2:01 am

OCMS have a very "front porch" element to them, (from what I've heard anyway) nothing too slicked up. Would you say thats a preference or do you enjoy, say, Tim McGraw also?

fasho3859 2:02 am

I definatley can listen to and enjoy music like tim McGraw, but I much prefer OCMS' style.

Big3 2:03 am

So is there a genre you largely stay away from? Electronica, Reggae, World music, Jazz?

fasho3859 2:04 am

Hmm

fasho3859 2:04 am

Reggae and Jazz are definatley the genre I own the least amount of music from, and know the least about, but I wouldn't say I dislike them.

Big3 2:05 am

Just uncharted territory really?

fasho3859 2:05 am

Pretty much.

Big3 2:05 am

well we're at, over, or close to an hour here. I don't want to waste your time so I'll finish up with a few questions on you & guitar.
What made you want to pick it up, and what are you playing these days?

fasho3859 2:07 am

Well I already know how to play a couple instruments (Viola, Bass), and I had always had an intrest in playing guitar because it just seemed like a lot of fun. So far I've been having a lot more fun with it then the bass.

Big3 2:08 am

Viola huh? How did you end up on that one, and how is finding sheet music for something that lives alone in its clef?

fasho3859 2:10 am

Well when I was in 5th grade I had the oppourtunity to join my school's orchestra progam. Everyone was playing the violin, and the cello seemed like a hassle. So I decided I'd pick something I'd never even heard of before. Now I'm in my highschool's orchestra, so I do most of my practicing at school.

Big3 2:11 am

So how about the Guitar, are you approaching anything thats difficult right now, or are just just jamming?

fasho3859 2:12 am

Well I've only been playing for a week or so, but I've been practicing alot. Right now I'm working some very, very easy songs. Blowing In The Wind by Bob Dylan, and The Scientist by Coldplay are what I've spent most of my time on.

Big3 2:13 am

Well I'll tell you, I've tried learning that damned instrument before, I wish you a lot more luck than I've had

fasho3859 2:14 am

Thanks, it's been a little rough, but I'm hoping I can get the hang of it.

Big3 2:14 am

FaSho, thanks for helping out with this, our first interview, in the ressurection of the interview thread. Have a good one man, and I'll see you around the forums.

fasho3859 2:15 am

No problem. It's been fun.

Last edited by TheBig3; 06-13-2010 at 12:26 PM.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote