Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #1264 (permalink)
Goblin Tears
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Scenario: Relatives are having a funeral for their recently departed loved one. Do you:
A) Run through the graveyard screaming and yelling with barely any clothes on, disrupting the entire funeral?
B) Quietly and reverently show up to the funeral with barely any clothes on, disrupting the entire funeral?
C) Put some fucking clothes on and have a little empathy and respect for someone other than yourself?

If we're going to get down to respecting lines drawn by society, we can go all the way. Do you think rapists are just non-conformists? What's so different from a rapist forcing his will on a woman than a woman forcing her will on someone else who may not want to be exposed to it? Why is relevance to law the only thing you apparently think matters in the scheme of society?

If you think I'm blowing it all out of proportion, you're perfectly correct.
I am. Wouldn't want to conform to your sensibilities or anything...
Well at least you realize that those comparisons are completely out of proportion...they're also kind of useless...and if you were joking, it's terribly distasteful.

She wore a bra to a baseball game, not a funeral, it's an acceptable non-conformity that only upsets those of delicate temperments. I don't think any of the guys there will be rushing to a rape support centre anytime soon.
Goblin Tears is offline   Reply With Quote