Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #1267 (permalink)
Goblin Tears
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post

The comparisons weren't meant to prove a relationship between being almost naked at a baseball game vs a funeral. I didn't think I'd have to spell that out.
I'm talking about placing a general importance on what affects other people when you have to share a planet with them, and not calling it 'conformity' when it's damn well not.
Yes, but you used two much more extreme situations to illustrate that point, and then tack on the whole ''Im not conforming. I'm just as inconsiderate as GaGa'' thing, when really, that doesn't compare either.

Anyway, I've been to some sports matches, and a lot of guys go topless, some showing just as much skin as GaGa. And yes, people should be aware of what impact they have on others, but people are responsible for their own emotional reactions to non-harmful behaviours. This shouldn't be a one way street either, the guys who are booing GaGa are honestly far more immature and inconsiderate than she is. I recently read about a lesbian who was denied access to her prom because she wanted to wear a tuxedo; were the organizers of that event considering the feelings of the girl in question? No.
Goblin Tears is offline   Reply With Quote