Music Banter - View Single Post - An Hour A Day
Thread: An Hour A Day
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Oh yeah, the last time I went to a student cabin, I found like 4 chord charts of Eagles' Hotel California. I wonder how long it'll take until Lady Gaga songs become campfire classics? Anyways, I learned a lot from chord charts and just playing along while listening to songs so I think that's a good way to do it. Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd, one of the very first songs I learned, is another campfire classic, at least here!
I'm going to make a flo-chart for this and post it here.

This should work - http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4Al...NDE3YTcx&hl=en

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
NOW we're getting somewhere hahaha

seriously though, there's no substitute for practice, i know it sucks to hear and sucks to consider but it's the truth.

you say you want to play party favourites - i'm assuming 'simple' classics that everyone can sing along with. have you looked into campfire books, like 1001 great guitar songs and stuff like that. they're usually simplified versions of songs with just chord charts but if you can get the groove in your head and strum them mostly right, the majority of people will be far too busy singing along to notice you flubbed a noodle-y bit.
Its not practice that kills me. Playing a song and not nailing it the first time never bothered me. its the laborious nature of trying some things I used to play 5 years ago when I took lessons and now can't.

Having to remember that, in this key, certain notes are sharped. This is a huge one for me. This and ****ing bar chords. What I've been doing is trying to learn Dylans "All along the watch tower" which unfortunatly for me has an F. On piano I've just been playing the A scale hoping it will sink in that I've got to sharp the appropriate notes.

Accordion I've just beein playing whats in the book. The frustrating thing here is the amazing lack of information on the damn thing but I want to play drunken porch music and I'll be god damned if I won't. I ought to just shell out for lessons and quit being a whiney bitch, but right now being a whiney bitch is easier.

Last edited by TheBig3; 06-15-2010 at 09:48 AM.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote