Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #917 (permalink)
lukew
Groupie

Default liquid mixtapes vol. I

hey,

new to this forum but im a proper mixtape geek so thought id throw both sides to the first of my mixtapes up here. Interspersed between the tracks are some of my favourite quotes from movies/skits etc. and yes im that geeky that i burnt them to cd and then recorded onto tape. anyway heres the first one, all over the shop genre wise but i guess so's my music taste.

If people are bothered I've done a whole series of these things, if you like this one gimme a shout and ill upload the rest. Sorry it's not 10 songs, but it's 19 overall so only one short of the max for two seperate mixtapes.

side a - Download 01 _Being this is a .44 Magnum..._ S.mp3 from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
side b - Download 02 _Being this is a .44 Magnum..._ S.mp3 from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

VOL. I - "Being this a .44 magnum..."

SIDE A

the tornadoes - bustin' surfboards
groovy surf tune.......nuff said
josh ritter - girl in the war
never hear enough about mr ritter. he writes some seriously good songs, although I think this is the pick of the bunch by some distance.
the chakachas - jungle fever
anyone who's cruised round san andreas will know this one.
sam the sham & the pharoahs - groovin'
gem.
philip bailey - children of the ghetto
I'm a big fan of Spike Lee films, heard this one watching 'Clockers' and have loved it since.
a tribe called quest - oh my god
gotta love the tribe.
carl perkins - matchbox
original Sun Records badman.
syndicate of sound - rumours
can't really remember where I heard this, but it's got lovely melodies. Even my sister likes this one.
van morrison - sweet thing
gotta be up there in my all time favourite songs.
aphex twin - lichen
being from England this one always reminds me of the countryside near where I live. Especially early morning when the dew's still on the ground. Think I'm gonna take up poetry...
stanley clarke - black on black crime
off the Boyz n the Hood OST, great moody number.

SIDE B

people under the stairs - san francisco knights
good opener? I thought so.
the castaways - liar liar
couldn't figure out the lyrics to this for a while, then realised they were an old playground jibe!
lou reed - heroin (live in Paris 1974)
for me the ultimate version of this song.
zapp & roger - computer love
80's electronic love baby!
peter wheat and the breadmen - baby whats new?
not much to say about this other than I like it.
erykah badu - tyrone
Nicked this vinyl off my Mum. And I forgot her birthday this year. Yes I'm a terrible son.
clint eastwood - jump and pawn
Dancehall on a loved up tip
orbital - belfast
best electronic song ever? who said that???
lukew is offline   Reply With Quote