Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #2814 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
I can agree with you to a point, but Ben wrote the music to "Zero Chance," "Dusty," "Ty Cobb," "Never Named," "Switch Opens," and he wrote the music and lyrics to "An Unkind." Kim wrote the music and lyrics to "Never The Machine Forever." Matt wrote the music to "Rhinosaur," and "Applebite." I will admit, Soundgarden's progression into the more mellow sound of DotU was mostly because of Cornell, but DotU was a team effort.
and Cornell wrote everything that the majority of people remember from that album - Pretty Noose, Burden in my Hand, and Blow up the Outside World.

it had pretty much been his show after Superunknown hit and it was pretty apparent regardless of the credits. i call Never the Machine Forever a highlight because it's the ONLY track on the album that actually sounds like Soundgarden. everything else on the album just sounds like it's trying to sound like Soundgarden but forgot how to either turn on the amps or twist the knobs past weak.

as for the reunion - if you guys haven't checked out the Nude Dragons setlist from April...

Spoonman
'Gun
'Searching With My Good Eye Closed
'Rusty Cage
'Beyond The Wheel
'Flower
'Ugly Truth
'Fell On Black Days
'Hunted Down
'Nothing To Say
'Loud Love
'Blow Up The Outside World
'Pretty Noose
'Outshined
'Slaves And Bulldozers

Encore:
'Get On The Snake'
'Big Dumb Sex'
'Waiting For The Sun' (a DOORS cover)

surprising pile of old stuff. the reunion site emailed a HD clip of 'Beyond the Wheel' a while back and they nail it. 9 songs from the 80s. though as far as classic rock covers go, i always liked their take on Communication Breakdown best, though i can see them doing a wicked job on Waiting for the Sun as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote