Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #2815 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
and Cornell wrote everything that the majority of people remember from that album - Pretty Noose, Burden in my Hand, and Blow up the Outside World.

it had pretty much been his show after Superunknown hit and it was pretty apparent regardless of the credits. i call Never the Machine Forever a highlight because it's the ONLY track on the album that actually sounds like Soundgarden. everything else on the album just sounds like it's trying to sound like Soundgarden but forgot how to either turn on the amps or twist the knobs past weak.
I don't see how Chris Cornell writing the hits backs up your statement that DotU was practically a Cornell solo album. So what your saying is, songs like Boot Camp, Tighter & Tighter, and Dusty are examples of Soundgarden trying to sound like themselves but failing? Does this hold true to Applebite as well?

Soundgarden's career was one big progression. No two albums sound the same. It was Cornell's show after Superunknown? I don't think so. It was a BAND EFFORT. This isn't Smashing Pumpkins were talking about. Everyone contributed to the overall sound.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote