Music Banter - View Single Post - Prayers answered? Good Luck? Mind over matter?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #34 (permalink)
Yukon Cornelius
Music Addict

Getting back on topic I would like to make a few extra statements

In life we have needs and wants, I think that when asking God for a want like money which was used in that video you are "foxhole praying". Prayers are not answered when someone prays in this manner. If we could all pray to win the lottery and it was answered we would all be rich. Or realizing that only one person can win the lottery at a time might help. I think that there are coincidences that people have tried to link to prayer when it comes to asking for outlandish things. I don't think that we should ask god for things at all, I think that its more of a strengthining of the mental state, for instance to ask for stability or strength to overcome certain situations. Cars, clothing, money and love these are all things that god knows we have control over, or do not. Our goal in life is less to be given all of these things free, more to have experiance with them on our own individual mortal level. God knows this and you know this, without experiance your are not worth the shoes you walk in. We are supposed to grow old and wise.