Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #2833 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Then we agree?

Smashing Pumpkins was basically one big Billy Corgan solo project. Well, Billy and Jimmy project. Machina II was definitely more of a band effort, not gonna deny that, or what you said about the progression. Billy considers Adore a failed project? That's interesting, for whatever reason, I thought he was fond of Adore.

Out of curiosity, who's your favorite bassist the pumpkins have had, and what do you think so far about TGBK?
Well, yeah we agree the lyrics are stronger. As a total effort, I still go with Machina II. And yes, Billy doesn't like Adore. He has said recently that since fans have warmed up to it, he has been able to as well but is still disappointed with the outcome since it wasn't the direction he was really hoping to go in.

I will always go with Darcy on bass. The SP bass player has never really been a big deal, so for me it's all about the look. She definitely had the look. Ginger was a bit too...I dunno...cute for my tastes. As for Teargarden...it is showing waaay more promise than Zeitgeist, but the spark just isn't there anymore. Then again, only one EP out of a whole **** load has come out, so I will reserve total judgment until a few more see the light of day.