Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #4383 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Band of Horses - Infinite Arms

Man, this album...what a grower. When I first got it, it started off nice but got pretty lame and boring as it went on. Just didn't seem there was much to it. The singing style on a song or two reminded me of Death Cab for Cutie, and one song in some way even reminds me of Extreme's " More Than Words" (yeah I know, ewww). And I'm not into alt-country or americana, though I do enjoy more and more a bit of country-tinged indie rock. And of course I do already really like their first two albums. So I guess it's not unnatural that I would really like this album, except for the mediocre/negative first impression. But now I can't seem to get it out of my head. I already played it once this week, and have a ton of other stuff I've been meaning to play, but had a song stuck in my head as I was between albums earlier so I had to put it on. Just as good every time. There's just always something about their lyrics that I can connect with. I know some people find this boring but as I said, it's a grower. More so than their past albums. And I think it's really awesome. If you don't let it grow on you, don't expect to like it.
That album is certainly a grower alright, it's now my favourite album of the years so far. After a few listens you start to notice the progression from Cease To Begin both lyrically and musically. It's a truly amazing album and the best of their career so far.