Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst Game You've Ever Played
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #36 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearJenny View Post
Really? I liked the game, wasn't the best ever, but I don't think it belongs here with the Barbie and Smurf game.
i don't think games obviously meant for young children belong here either. they're not expected to be good, they're expected to entertain a 6 year old.

as for 'ET' i did play it - on an actual Atari in the 80s. it sucked. but it was NOT actually the worse game i played back then. sure it had very little to do with the movie, then again aside from Dune2 have there actually been many other games based on movies that didn't suck monster amounts of butt? i think a lot of the notoriety stems from the fact that manufacturers overestimated the crossover appeal (especially with a lackluster product), the rest of the hate comes from idiots reviewing an antique within modern contexts. it's like calling a Model-T a horrible car because it doesn't meet modern emission standards.

the worst Atari game i remember was a drag racing title incidentally called Dragster. you had 2 cars on screen and you had to tap the button just right to rev up your engine during the countdown to get max acceleration. if you tapped it too much your engine blew up. this was in an era before touch sensitivity. you were either 'flooring' it or not. i don't ever remember being able to get past the starting line. at least with ET i could explore a forest and sometimes avoid falling in a hole. the whole point to Dragster was to beat the game in under 6 seconds.

@ Duga - Bullfrog is actually one of those studios i REALLY wish rebooted ALL their franchises. they were consistently putting out great games. Syndicate was not half decent - IT WAS AWESOME! though i can understand why it would be frustrating to a 5 year old.

as for the Ninja Gaiden comments. challenging is not the same as bad. the games were hard (very hard at times) but beatable. i used to be able to get to the first of the final bosses in the original ninja gaiden on NES without losing a life back in the day. never did beat the 2nd final boss though. only ever saw the final final boss and ending on an emulator years later. that game made me punch my NES controllers SOooooooo much hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote