Music Banter - View Single Post - Romance
Thread: Romance
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

I hate to comment in here without adding anything of real value, but Tore... don't feel bad about not being fluent in romance. I'm the same way... I generally feel like typical romance is sometimes so cliche' that it's too embarrassing to even think about going through with. But I think it's important to realize that the guy's (or gal's, if she's the one taking the initiative) idea of romance is of absolutely no importance at all. The person who's idea of romance you should be paying attention to is the person you're trying to romance.
Forget the typical cliche' stuff. What does SHE like? What makes HER smile? What moves HER? If you're fortunate, she's the kind of girl that makes those questions easily answerable. If not, then you gotta do some digging. But the digging should happen in her yard, and no one else's.
You can hear a million examples of how someone made someone else happy with romance, but I think the best move you can make is to simply go out of your way to really find out what makes her heart skip a beat and do YOUR best to make it happen. It doesn't take roses and candles to do that. If a girl cares, she's going to notice the effort you put into it and it will be romantic even if it turns out to be the dorkiest, most un-aesthetic thing ever.
The romance lies in the effort that's made for the other person. If it takes an ego hit to realize you may be no suave Cassanova but still tried your best, you've done just as well.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote