Music Banter - View Single Post - Prayers answered? Good Luck? Mind over matter?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 09:55 PM   #48 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
God all mighty, you gotta be joking when you call me lazy, see, was it that hard to give the meat and potatoes rather than doing lazy work yourself?...

So now I will ask you personally RVCA, have you had an experiance yourself where you prayed for someone? What was the outcome? If you don't mind (if you did pray) who was it for, or was it for yourself ?? This is what I am getting at. It's not just about the sick or needy people on our planet, it could be for you. Harvard doing a study is fantastic, but we can all agree that sometimes it's just that persons time to go and we all know that somethings cannot be tempted by the mortal likes of human. However when called upon personally, does it do you as a person any good to pray.
My father was diagnosed with a form of brain dementia 5 years ago, while I was a freshman in High School. He's been terminally ill ever since. I have never prayed in my life. I'm sure other people have prayed for him and for my family, but I just don't see the point of asking the big imaginary man in the sky to comfort me. I accept that when my dad dies, which will be within the next 5 years, he will not transcend the mortal world and join the ranks of angels in heaven. He will simply cease to exist as a person, and live on only in our memories.

I thinking prayer is ridiculous and stupid. I think prayer is for the weak.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote