Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 01:54 AM   #1833 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Oh, online gameplay? No, not all. But realistic graphics? Hell yes. That's ENTIRELY what the Metroid series is about. Prime was known for its amazing graphics that pushed the envelope in its day. Most of what made Metroid Prime so engrossing (for me) was sheer exploration of the vast and beautiful worlds that Nintendo provided. And the whole research aspect of the game was an excellent addition.

I would just **** myself if Nintendo put the money and effort towards a high-def, expanded single player Metroid game for my 360.
While it's true that most Metroid games had state of the art graphics for their time, their selling point has ALWAYS been the gameplay. It's true that graphics contribute to gameplay. But I don't think a Metroid game has to be "realistic" to be effective.

While the Wii can't emulate the power of it's competitors when it comes to striking realism. It still has enough power to create something truly aesthetically pleasing as long as the skill and imagination is there. I think it's a good thing that the Wii isn't so advanced graphically, because as games today become more obsessed with realism they lose something else, uniqueness.

The Wii's lack of power means that developers have to actually get creative in the visual department instead of wasting their time trying to simulate the real life physics of ass muscles.

I still think Okami is one of the best looking games released in recent years and that was for the PS2 and Wii.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote