Music Banter - View Single Post - This album > that album.
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #435 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seltzer View Post
there are a few nick cave albums i've not heard but for the ones i'm familiar with, here goes.

Tender prey > henry's dream > the boatman's call > let love in > no more shall we part > murder ballads > dig lazarus dig > your funeral, my trial > the good son > nocturama

i really need to give your funeral, my trial a few more listens though.
You mean you haven't got Abbatoir Blues/Lyre Of Orpheus? You need to get that fixed very soon sir

Can't really argue with your list there either. I used to think the Boatman's Call was kinda let down by Black Hair as its weak spot, but I've long since seen the light with that one. Apart from No More Shall We Part definitely being my favourite, picking the rest of mine down to Dig Lazarus Dig was virtually impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seltzer View Post
haha i guess i need to check out heathen then :d i see you also think highly of buddha - it's a bit of lost gem really.
If it weren't for the last track (ie the title track with a lame guitar solo overdub), it'd be up there with my top 3. Heathen's an absolutely top album too, if only for I Would Be Your Slave alone - definitely worth having.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote