Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Depressing Band / Song(s)
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #388 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Supremacist View Post
Win! And extra kudos to him for his beard. I do like to see a hobo with a proper beard.

It's rare music depresses me. I have enough sh*t going on, music is more of an escape (as horribly cliched as that sounds).

So, that said, I'll have to go for Coldplay because I can't stand them and having to listen to them would probably put me in a pretty sh*tty mood.

I agree with Jumby, stuff like Damien Rice, some of Tori Amos's and Regina Spektor's material doesn't depress me at all.
I saw a hobo with a proper beard when in the car, he was drunk at about 9 in the morning, I thought he was gonna fall over. He was a bit of a hero. But that cover of Creep was a winner. Even though a hobo singing "I wish I was special, you're so fucking special" is a bit... y'know.

Coldplay? There's a difference between depression and boredom. I don't mind them though. They're just a bit dull. I enjoyed one of their albums, though I'll probably never listen to it again.

Damien Rice's first album moved me.. More than depressed me. No idea why, not many albums manage to do that.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote