Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Humiliating Experience Ever
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #114 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90'sMusicKid View Post
Yeahhhh...I dont want to obliterate his brains. I want to incapacitate him..
Knocking someone out and then calling for them to be taken into custody > Taking somebody's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I kinda sympathize with the "bearing arms" stance 90'sMusicKid is talking about, partly because I've grown up that way in the U.S., but also because of the fact that criminals/murderers/etc. aren't likely to follow the same rules as law abiding citizens will. The potential for someone being in possession of a firearm illegally (happens all the time in the states as far as people with felonies are concerned) is higher than the potential for me to be able to protect myself in that scenario with only a baseball bat.

While I know that outright bans of all firearms make it a lot harder to obtain firearms, I still don't feel comfortable letting my ability to protect myself by the most effective means be taken away by a government who's military has the right to use them under its command.
If it ever came down to it, I'd want to be able to defend myself from my own government as well as a common thug.
To be stripped of all relevant self-protective means, as a citizen, would make me feel a lot less safe and a lot more dependent.
Well, it might be a culture shift. I've never felt unsafe here, and Manchester can be a rough and tumble place. Especially in areas closer to the City. I've been mugged twice for no apparent reason, luckily they were just idiots and I took care of them no problem, if it was someone other than a little knob, I would've been in trouble. But does that mean if I could I'd legally pull out a fire arm and shoot him down to the ground? No.

Do you honestly think if someone was in your house late at night, trying to steal valuables, you could pull a gun out of your draw, go downstairs and shoot him dead (if he attacked you/didn't GTFO of course.)

I think a weapon like a baseball bat would be more than adequate..

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote