Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Humiliating Experience Ever
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 11:10 PM   #115 (permalink)
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I kinda sympathize with the "bearing arms" stance 90'sMusicKid is talking about, partly because I've grown up that way in the U.S., but also because of the fact that criminals/murderers/etc. aren't likely to follow the same rules as law abiding citizens will. The potential for someone being in possession of a firearm illegally (happens all the time in the states as far as people with felonies are concerned) is higher than the potential for me to be able to protect myself in that scenario with only a baseball bat.

While I know that outright bans of all firearms make it a lot harder to obtain firearms, I still don't feel comfortable letting my ability to protect myself by the most effective means be taken away by a government who's military has the right to use them under its command.
If it ever came down to it, I'd want to be able to defend myself from my own government as well as a common thug.
To be stripped of all relevant self-protective means, as a citizen, would make me feel a lot less safe and a lot more dependent.
well yeah you're kind of buggered now because you've allowed guns from the get-go. centuries of allowing people to own guns has created a state in which anyone can own a killing machine to "protect themselves." when you factor in how irrational people can be enough of the time for them to misuse that gun for purposes other than self-defense, its apparent how dangerous it is to have a country full of guns.

the only times i've ever heard of gun related violence here, they were gang-related. there is no reason to own a gun for "self-defense" here, probably because hardly anyone has guns. hmmmMMMmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90'sMusicKid View Post
THANK-YOU. They seem to listen to you..can you also explain that owning a firearm doesnt make you a redneck?
shut the **** up. you've proven your unintelligence multiple times over; people "listen to him" because he has a grasp on rational thinking and can make a well-worded post.
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote