Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Humiliating Experience Ever
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #116 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90'sMusicKid View Post
THANK-YOU. They seem to listen to you..can you also explain that owning a firearm doesnt make you a redneck?
I think that someone assuming all people who own firearms are rednecks would be ridiculous to say the least, but it's important to understand the differences of perception between countries who advocate certain things and countries that do the opposite for those things.
The regional opinion is going to be reflective of that.
I simply urge people to use logic to decide their choices in those matters and do what's best for them in their own situations.

For most of us in the U.S. (minus the leftist political party and its followers that vehemently oppose guns) the right to bear arms is extremely important to us. Not only because it's written in the constitution that founded our very principles as a free nation, but because it ultimately says that self preservation is an individual responsibility and right that can not be regulated or imposed upon, and should be proportional to the threat.

I realize that ridding a nation of all firearms proportionalizes a majority of a threat to lesser weapons across the board, but since we cannot prevent every illegal possession of a disproportional weapon, the possibility remains that there will be citizens who are improperly prepared to defend their own lives. And that's what I'm against.
Saving other lives is good... but the first one I'm going to try and save is my own.

I think I should have that right, and I do NOT think I should have to rely on the government to do that for me.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote