Music Banter - View Single Post - Overplayed Rock Songs
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 07:32 AM   #120 (permalink)
homesick.alien
awkward moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I'm only 18. How old are you? I prefer being this age, I still have 3-5 decades worth of music that I can be there for. I used to think old music>modern music but I've learnt that really isn't the case. The 00s were great for music. As well as a load of new music to come, we still have unlimited access to decades of music. Definitely Maybe and WTSMG were the soundtracks to the best years of my life, one day I'll listen to them and get the biggest amount of nostalgia ever my first memory of music was listening to Roll With It whilst waiting in the car for my Dad in town. Oasis are either love or hate. Or in my case used to love then turned a bit indifferent to.

When Oasis get brought up, I sound like a broken record. I have to chuck my 2 cents in.
Well, I just turned 15. Oasis was like early 90's weren't they? THE britpop band? That means you were born in 1992..wait, because by the way you were talking it sounded like you were there for every album that came out. Yeah.

I don't think old music>>new music. I think people set standards way too high for new bands these days, with all that pressure of living up to the 'standards' of 'old bands' like King Crimson and Hendrix.

Besides, classic rock (in the broader sense) spans from late 50's-early 90's, whereas modern music spans from late 90's-00's. So obviously 'old music' had more time to develop. I admit the music industry is a bit stagnant and lazy right now, but thats because all the talented bands are too cowardly to be famous, and hiding away behind the indie label.

GREAT band= Talent + Courage. There were heaps of these kinds of bands in 2,3 decades ago.

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names"- J.F. Kennedy
homesick.alien is offline   Reply With Quote