Music Banter - View Single Post - [RELEASE] June Themed Comp : Songs by MB Members!
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 07:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

I’m excited to hear these! Here’s my little write up for mine:

Krill>Whale>Human was a band I was in with one other guy from 2006-2008. We never officially released anything by we recorded a lot of music on our own on my laptop. These are two of those songs.

“Boardroom” has me on vocals, lead keyboard and percussion (which is all samples of mouth and hand sounds from yours truly sequenced as a drum kit in Reason). My bandmate played the other keyboards and bass on this track.

“Mega-Awesome Dragon” was an interesting form of collaboration for us. My bandmate came up with the piano and drum pattern that you hear in the first few measures of the song. Then I took that and built on it—adding, subtracting and doing variations from those initial patterns with both the percussion and piano, as well as adding the electric piano part. Next I recorded myself playing a wooden recorder type of flute and him playing trumpet, chopped them up and created loops from them. And finally we both had a good time adding the shouts over the top of everything.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote