Music Banter - View Single Post - [RELEASE] June Themed Comp : Songs by MB Members!
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Thanks, Tore (and your girlfriend), for setting up the comp. I'm downloading now and look forward to hearing everyone's music. Here's a write-up about my songs:

Evergreen - I made this song for AwwSugar as part of a joke, and just added the drums several days ago. The song is based on a corny chorus that I wrote and sent to AwwSugar last year to try to lure her back to my songwriting thread ("Ya don't come round no more. It just ain't like before. Ya didn't even say goodbye...just left me askin' why."). She said the chorus made her cry, and not in a good way. So then I decided to write her a serious song using that chorus to try to make her cry...but in a good way.

Free - The song is about my wish for the people to be free from the addictions that hurt them. I wrote this song soon after joining MB to cater to people's desire for shorter lyrics. These are my shortest ever! I was inspired to write the song after reading about an MB member who smokes, drinks, and uses (other) drugs, too, which made me worry for that member, since I have seen the longterm, very negative health effects of smoking and drinking on older relatives and acquaintainces.

Isle - about flirtatious friendship. I based the song on the saying, "No man is an island." My joke about the song is that no man is an island, not even when his "palm tree" makes him think he is.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote