Music Banter - View Single Post - bass guitar tune for A Level performance
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
thick limp
Groupie

thanks guys, these are great suggestions. iv looked into some of them all ready like chilli peppers and jaco pastorius, but tbh im glad u mentioned some others cuz i like playing some of them allready. but im thinking of playing a chilli song. but i want to mix it up a bit and maybe put a jazz piece in too. maybe charles mingus or something similar. Jaco might fit the bill. and no they dont have to be all from the same artist, but i will have to perform the whole song. but what would be perfect is one 12-15 minute song. no vocals. focused on bass. and not having a particular playing style e.g. slapping that dominates throughout. just a bit of everything. for example: slapping, popping, finger tapping, hammer on's, pull off's, pinch harmonics, dive bombs :P, slides. slides would be a preference. basically just a range of techniques. thats why i might use jaco. i am particularly liking les claypool too. tbh i could easily pick 2, 3 or 4 of these songs and i'd be happy to spend the next year to learn them to the best of my ability. so thanks. and just to say: les claypool = wow wow wow
thick limp is offline   Reply With Quote