Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #2947 (permalink)
OctaneHugo
Goes back & does it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumorAttitude View Post
Yes, the Hottopic-core idiots love him and buy t-shirts with his face on it but that doesn't make him any worse of a mucisian.
But it does light the burning torch of hatred I have for him! Plus, he's a terrible musician. He can't sing and he can't play guitar, but somehow someway people started thinking he was underrated. OK.

Quote:
If you like grunge and hate Nirvana, you're just being a tool.
Because all grunge bands sound exactly the same, right?
I'm not a huge grunge fan myself, but saying "IF YOU LIKE (genre) BUT HATE (band) YOU'RE JUST A TOOL" is a pretty goddamn ignorant and stupid thing to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutnuckle View Post
Animals was my long-time favorite, I'd still consider that their best. "Sheep" is arguably their greatest song.
Hell yeah. Let's be friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutnuckle View Post
Pink Floyd aren't all that progressive to be honest. I'm not saying you can't be progressive without having time signature shifts and extremely high musicianship, but yeah.
There's a lot more psychedelic influence in their music, but they're still progressive. Personally I think that's why they're BETTER than every prog band - they don't just play crazy stuff like Crimson or Yes, they basically took psychedelic music and twisted it around a lot.

Although, then you say they're not all that psychedelic...what are they?

Also, I'd probably give Animals top billing in their discography, then Dark Side of the Moon with Wish You Were Here bringing up the rear.

The Wall is pretty middling, got some cool songs but it's not the masterpiece everyone says it is. I think Mark Prindle, who I don't often agree with, hit the nail on the head; it's an album for teenagers. Very youthful.

If Any Major Dude Has Yet To Tell You, Click Here
OctaneHugo is offline   Reply With Quote