Music Banter - View Single Post - [Discuss] The MB RECORDS members album releases thread
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Default [Discuss] The MB RECORDS members album releases thread

In lieu of our recent MB members' music compilation success and additional ideas contributed by James1 and other members, I'm proposing that we make an unofficial "official" MB record label in which our established members collectively release their own music in the form of albums, LPs, and EPs to share with our community.

The basic idea is that members create and submit their own music and these submissions are made into a compilation album of about 12 or 13 songs, regularly instead of one a once-in-a-while basis as demonstrated in the MB comps.
Album artwork could also be supplied for each album by members, and mastering for the albums could be provided in-house, as we have several people here who have the means to do so. (since I can't volunteer anyone else, I'm just throwing my willingness into the hat at this point)

Overflow submissions could be counted towards the following album, or made into an LP or EP.

Another idea is that we vote on themes for the upcoming album so that there would be a general cohesiveness to the albums/LPs/EPs.

In any regard, I wanted to create this thread as a forum of discussion about the idea so that all the people who are interested in being involved can have a say and come to a general consensus of how this will work.

Please reply with your ideas. This will be a temporary thread, so once we come to an agreement, this one will be closed and the official thread will be launched and we can get to work.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote