Music Banter - View Single Post - [Discuss] The MB RECORDS members album releases thread
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by +81 View Post
Regarding the mastering of tracks, I have no problem with it so long as the artists get a chance to sign off on any changes before comps are submitted, especially since we have some talented folks capable of doing so.

The first come, first serve idea makes sense to me but perhaps we could restrict artists to a certain a amount of tracks per month. Maybe there could be some leeway pertaining to different projects by the same person.

Maybe even more than compilations, people can work together to put out whole pieces of work, ex. musician, producer, visual artist combining their efforts to make an EP or full length.

Just some thoughts, sounds like a great idea to me and I'd be happy to contribute.
Good ideas!

As far as first come, first serve thing... My personal opinion is that it would be better if we looked at things not as a time-frame thing, but more as an album-frame thing if you will. Instead of releasing per month, we simply release when we've met the album quota in terms of submissions and agreement, and release when that point is reached regardless of time-frame.

I especially like the idea that certain artists may want to team up together for releases, and maybe incorporate releases consisting of collaborations as well.

And of course, if one person wanted to work alone on a release, that would be welcomed as well. I would just hope that wouldn't detract from people wanting to be a part of compilations and collaborations.

Overall, I think this would be a good opportunity for the musicians here to have a dedicated output and rally point for their music in a community aspect.

Keep the ideas coming!
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote