Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #2820 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
so here's my current conundrum.

my job directly involves employee time and productivity reporting, which indirectly means we (2 of us) are their first step in everyone else getting paid.

i've been working with a new guy for about a week. he got stoned twice last night during a 4 hour shift. now i have to report him to our manager or I end up in crap for being complicit and irresponsible. oh yeah, his girlfriend is one of the employee supervisors (so is he, but he's getting cross trained for my role for now).

thing is i smoke enough pot to know the guy puffed on outdoor stuff. most people rightly suspect that i puff outside of the office. does getting pissed off at this guy and narc-ing him to my manager make me some kind of hypocrite?

has anyone else had to deal with this kind of crap (reporting someone for something you do too). then again i also consider myself a 'responsible' stoner, i NEVER puff before or during work hours. are stoners like me really that rare?
It's always better to take it to the member first. If it happens again, report it. IMO you have an obligation to look out for your co-workers, but if it happens again, that could be your ass.

I would give him a second chance, because the snitch train runs both ways, and that **** could come back to you.

Also, if this dude knows/assumes you smoke (as you indicated), he probably assumes you are cool with it as well. If this is the case, he could be doing wrong without even knowing so. Make it clear that such behavior will not be tolerated, and will be reported in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote