Music Banter - View Single Post - Ask A Foreigner
Thread: Ask A Foreigner
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:16 AM   #423 (permalink)
noise
thirsty ears

public transport in Budapest is great. i don't have a car, i rely on it exclusively. a month pass is around $50 USD.

downtown is covered by a small subway system (3 lines), a much larger tram system, plus an enormous number of buses and trolleys. The trams and trolleys extend to the edges of the city, where suburban railways take over to help commuters get to the nearest villages. the bus system is very pervasive, covering the whole city very efficiently.

the subway is the only place where tickets are checked on entry. buses, trams, and trolleys get infrequent, random checks by plain clothes enforcers. that's the one bad thing about the system - it's too easy for bums to ride free, so there are often smelly folk taking up 20 seats because nobody wants to sit near them!

no idea about television, i just pay for internet and download the shows i want to see. incidentally, i have one of the best internet connections in the world. i pay about $15 USD per month for a 30/20 line with no cap. a hell of a deal!