Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 09:50 AM   #3011 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21stCenturyAndroidMan View Post
I really like this album.
Good on ya

It's got probably my favourite Bowie cover art to it as well;

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
McCartney's solo stuff is cack. Imagine and Plastic Ono Band were great. Harrison or Lennon for sure. I'd give it to Lennon.
You forgot about Sometime In New York, which is a very underrated album. Lennon's output took a bit of a nose-dive for me after Imagine though - great singles (Mind Games, Stand By Me etc), boring albums.

Also, Ram, Band On the Run, Red Rose Speedway, Press To Play, Flaming Pie and Flowers In the Dirt are pretty awesome albums. Even the string of his last few albums are decent. Going by the quantity of post-Beatles albums of his I like, McCartney's an easy winner for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
All Things Must Pass is an excellent record that only shows signs of desperation during the two apple jams sides which are just that, a bunch of random jamming. It could have done without those but the other 4 sides is perfection. Harrison really proves how versatile of a songwriter he is and the album rotates between a lot of guest musicians (some of the best ever) to keep things fresh.
And even those were only bonus tracks with the CD reissue. I Live For You, Beware Of Darkness, What Is Life, Awaiting On You All, the title track, Isn't It a Pity - all terrific songs that make All Things Must Pass one of my favourites.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote