Music Banter - View Single Post - Why Are Women So Attracted To Musicians?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #105 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
It also answers the big question over why there aren't many female musicians.

Is it because women have less talent than men?

No, they just don't have the motivation to become musicians. For guys the greatest motivation is money and poon tang, and women are capable of getting those things just fine without having to pursue a career in music.

Hot woman in pop music are usually not too motivated to become better musicians because they already have all they need to sell records and that's sex appeal and a good producer who can make their complete lack of talent aesthetically presentable.

Now I don't mean to say that talented hot chick musicians dont exist, they do, even in pop music, though a lot of them like Christina and Mariah are only talented as singers and not as songwriters or serious artists.

Hot female musicians who can actually write songs AND play their instruments are quite rare, but I think that's merely a reflection of the social environment and not because men are inherently more talented.
That's a generalization, but I'm sure you're aware that there are exceptions to every rule. There are such things as genuine male artists. I'm proud of the musicians and artists who go through the struggle to actually make something out of themselves and then pay no mind to groupies and fake bitches with rock star fetishes. They're just not the ones who get the mainstream attention. The world is backward in that way.

On the topic of female musicians, there are some who I don't find necessarily pretty or hot, but the music that they make and their presence are more than enough to make my heart swell, so to speak (Alison Krauss for example). But there are some who are undeniably gorgeous who also possess unbelievable amounts of talent and integrity. It's always the voice that gets me. It's a certain sound that they make that sounds like a ****in' angel. It's something that seems to be missing from Pop music. A big reason why I don't listen to it and it's easy for me to see that it's sex that sells it.