Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite cartoon characters??
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Nah. It's hard to say why Rukia is my favorite Bleach character, she just is. Then again I find it very refreshing in an anime to see a female character who has black hair and doesn't have gigantor boobs and thus resembling an actual Japanese girl without conforming to the more sexual, idealized look of many anime girls (not that I have a problem with them). And it's even more refreshing to see one that doesn't really conform to the girly stereotypes that most anime characters (including orihime) fall into in the shonen genre.

She's a rather diverse character, yes she's been the damsel in distress, though not a stereotypical one, for one she never wanted saving and she's not gullible or cowardly like a lot of the naive damsel archtypes, she can also kick a lot of ass (even if she's not one of the most powerful soul reapers), and unlike many heroines she can do it without dressing provocatively and what not, and there's none of that pacifism bullsh*t like with Orihime, she's the only one of the main heroes who is least likely to ler her emotions blind her better judgement, I guess when it comes to anime I tend to prefer those characters who stay level headed instead of getting all emotional about everything.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 06-24-2010 at 10:39 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote