Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #12112 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Portugal. The Man - The Satanic Satanist

I've known about these guys since their debut album. But every time I listened to sound clips to gauge interest, it was never enough. I still don't get much enjoyment out of the sound clips for their debut. I've even heard a song or two and didn't really care for them. But a friend today mentioned he was interested in seeing them live tomorrow (he's a fan, seen them already) so I decided to sample some other albums and they seemed to appeal to me more. So I decided to get this and see if I'd be interested in going to the show.

Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare

I think I've only heard one song from these guys, and it was from this album. I liked it, but wasn't really looking for music of the sort at the time. Now I'm on a quest for good summer music and maybe this will fit the bill? They seem to get a good amount of praise around MB.