Music Banter - View Single Post - [RELEASE] June Themed Comp : Songs by MB Members!
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 01:12 AM   #34 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

1. DF - Saving and Enslaving the World (from Mr. Dave)
- really drifting type of song, but at the same time a fierce and direct one with the effects you guys have. A bit wonky on the quality side of things, but still pretty good.

2. Dave, Evan and Jef - sail to the sun (from Mr. Dave)
- fairly similar to the last one but not as sinister or dark sounding. also, BASS IN YOUR FACE.

3. Panda Go Panda - Rather Warm, But Wet (from Mr. Dave)
- pretty chill interlude with a smooth bassline. like said before this does sound like a good inbetween song on an album.

4. Unchained Ballad - Somber Ways
- OOOOooOOOOHHHH, pretty creepy and mysterious. i'd expect this in the beginning of one of those horror movies about ghost towns. bit of an abrupt end, though :\

5. Unchained Ballad - The Wanderer
- you've got the title pinned on this one, echoey and mysterious sounding but with a gentle ambience that is like a wandering man who no one knows.

6. Unchained Ballad - Whale
- some more ambience with a bit of an underwater feel. almost magical

7. Vatos Locos Guitarristas - Los Caballeros del san Mondell (from Tore)
- liking the guitar intro and how fresh it sounds on the recording. the clip clops are a fine addition too.

8. Mette Marit - Flammenes Regent (from Tore)
- woah, that threw me off, but in a good way. like the whole feel of the song from heavy and looming to just danceable. good job.

9. Milo - Going Home (from Tore)
- like said before, really a good flash game intro, probably why i like it so much. just so cheerful and bubbly.

10. Space is the Place - Life Metal (from +81)
-liked the Troll 2 samples, haha. like the fuzzy guitar/bass rock instrumentation and i like the drums too.

11. Space is the Place - The Coral Sea (from +81)
- pretty nice electronic arrangement that's reminiscent of the Unicorns. only thing though is the timing at some parts, unless that's what you intended, of course.

12. Space is the Place - Blood & Milk (from +81)
-still in the vein of indie, but i like the variation from the last two songs to this. very folky and i really like the instrumentation

13. Stone Birds - A Breeze On the Sea
- well i have to hand it to you, Stone Birds, this is a VAST improvement from your first EP. the electronic sounds go well with your vocals and the ocean samples add some nice depth to this. well done.

14. Stone Birds - Flying Machines
- my favorite part of this song is the bowed guitar, like that your using extra instrumentation for your songs and i'm digging the ideas you have for them.

15. Stone Birds - Saviour
- pretty smooth sample in the beginning, only thing that i would say needs a little more fine tuning are the vocals which could use a bit of strengthening

16. Krill-Whale-Human - Boardroom (from Janszoon)
- wow, this is really a mix of all sorts of things! the samples and beats are their own thing and the vocals are really interesting with the changes and pacing. like the bass you added in too, pretty sweet groove.

17. Krill-Whale-Human - Mega-Awesome Dragon (from Janszoon)
- dig the effect on the keyboard and the time signature you've got here. the beats are well done too and i really like the dragging on the ground one you have.

18. Vegangelica - Evergreen
- pretty feel good song you've got here Vegangelica, even if the lyrics aren't necessarily that way. the violin is a very nice touch and your singing voice is very clear and a pleasure to listen to

19. Vegangelica - Free
- cool flange+violin intro, and how the violin goes with your vocal melody. only thing i'd suggest is to try switching to a clean guitar sound for the verses, cause while the flange is a nice touch, it can become a bit grating if used in the entire song.

20. Vegangelica - Isle
- like the drums and of course the violins and vocals, only thing that doesn't feel right for me is the effect on the guitar. distortion is a good idea for this, but this effect seems a little too boxy, if you know what i mean. still a good song.

21. The Disintegration Tapes - Identity Song [Demo] (from Rickenbacker)
- the main riff is Sabbath meets Black Flag, which i like, but the accompanying guitar sound/playing isn't too good. in fact it's actually hurting my ears. but yes, your punk voice is pretty good, demanding but not whiny like so many other punk singers tend to be.

22. The Bullet - Out 2 Haunt U (from The Bullet)
- eh, not really music, but i can see what you were going for with spirits haunting a man. kudos for trying to do that.

[skipping my songs]

26. Lawn Chronicles - Negating Expectations (from wolverinewolfweiselpigeon)
-wow, you have a very lovely voice. i like how gentle this song is, even though the lyrics are very bold and confronting. i'm really feeling a Rilo Kiley vibe here. good job.

27. Freebase Dali - 1up
- the intro and subsequent main riff is very nice and i like the ambient effects you put in for this as well as the beats which go with the song but at the same time do their own thing.

28. Freebase Dali - Caesura
- i really enjoy the piano and initial buildup for this song, especially when the rest of the electronic sounds kick in. really relaxed vibe and a lovely song to close off the MB comp.

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote