Music Banter - View Single Post - This album > that album.
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #525 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Blur

Modern Life Is Rubbish > Parklife = The Great Escape > 13 > Think Tank > Blur > Midlife > Bustin' and Dronin' > Leisure > The Best Of

I know, cheating a bit, but I sometimes view Parklife and Great Escape on the same level kind of like The Beatles' Rubber Soul and Revolver. Almost like two great parts to a story. True, Bustin' and Dronin' is a Mix compilation with other artists remixing parts of the S/T album, but in a way it serves something of a precursor to Damon's post-Blur musical adventures as well as having a bit of a short Peel Acres blast.

Inspiral Carpets

The Singles (1995 Compilation) = Greatest Hits > Revenge of the Goldfish > Life > Devil Hopping > The Beast Inside

The Singles may not be chronological, but to me starts off with some of the best A-Sides, although those who like things in order would rather go for Greatest Hits.

Humm, Inspiral carpets...Singles...Roadie Noel Gallagher...this could only mean one band next...

Oasis

Definitely Maybe > The Masterplan = Time Flies > (What's the Story) Morning Glory? > Dig Out Your Soul > Stop the Clocks > Familiar to Millions > Don't Believe the Truth > Standing on the Shoulder of Giants > Heathen Chemistry > Be Here Now

Again, another Tie up/Two Part Story here. Oasis were one hell of a single's band. The Masterplan a classic compilation which caps their best years and Time Flies, reminders of why we still talk about their music.

Last edited by Screen13; 06-27-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote