Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Shop Apprehension
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 10:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
how fun was that? hehe

though to be honest, i tend to prefer that section of most music stores, it's generally quieter and the kind of people it attracts (both staff and customer) are usually mellower and cooler than the ones still horny for guitars (and calling them axes without a hint of sarcasm).
Actually, it was a lot of fun. And I ended up getting a high-end flute for a great price and a guitar with a free wah pedal!

From what I experienced working in that section of the store, is that it attracts a more refined clientele, if you know what I mean. Customers who are generally more musically educated than the ones you would see in some random guitar shop, and who really know what they're looking for. Of course there are customers like that in the guitar section as well, probably looking at the classical guitars! And they still try out the instruments, of course - a necessary thing to do before you buy an expensive wind instrument! I used to hear people of all musical abilities trying out flutes, saxes, trumpets, etc. all the time.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote