Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite live performances.
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 11:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Ive had a look for videos but there isnt really any. My favourite festival moments have included...

Iggy Pop inviting the crowd on stage to dance with the band when The Stooges played Download in 2004.

Iron Maiden playing a set comprising of material from their first four records only at Leeds in 2005.

Metallica playing Master of Puppets in its entirety at Download in 2006.

MUSE at V2001, which was my first festival. I didnt like Showbiz but watching them live turned me.

There were too many to mention at this years Download.
I caught that tour, but in Denver, CO. Cool shit.

I haven't been to very many festivals, but some of my favorite moments were seeing The Roots play their rendition of "Masters of War" at Bonnaroo 2007. And then of course Tool came on a couple of hours later (right when the acid started to take effect).
And there was The Sounds of the Underground Festival in 2005. Something like 30 bands in one day, on one stage 11 A.M.-2 A.M. non stop. It was the first time I saw Opeth, back with Martin Lopez was still drumming for them, and then Clutch came on after them, and I saw Mikael Akerfeldt side stage with a beer, jamming to their set. Other highlights at that show were The Red Chord, SYL, GWAR and Lamb of God (before I got tired of them).
Bonnaroo this year was rife with it's moments of grandeur as well. Tenacious D was ****ing awesome live. Isis and The Melvins back-to-back and then, later that night Clutch and GWAR back-to-back (and tripping again). One of the coolest things was after their set, GWAR came down into the middle of the festival, where there was this giant mushroom-shaped fountain. They knew everybody would be there after getting covered in GWAR juice. It was also nice, wandering away from their show, covered in red and green liquid, looking like zombies, with all of these rich rave kids wandering around, covered in glow sticks.

Last edited by ElephantSack; 06-28-2010 at 11:26 PM.
ElephantSack is offline   Reply With Quote