Music Banter - View Single Post - acoustic amp for a violin?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
imrighterthanyouis
Account Disabled

i did test out the kustom myself(without distortion) and it sounded pretty damn decent. i dont know if once i plug in the distort pedal it'll go wild and sound like crap, but as far as clean amplification goes, it got the job done.

are there any decent but cheap preamps out there? what would i want to look for in one? sorry, i know nothing about preamps aside from what you've told me.

as far as sound and style, im not 100% sure. i play mostly classical style myself, but as i said, id be playing metal mostly as far as the amplifier is concerned. i guess i can list a few bands that will most likely influence my style: mastodon, oldschool metallica, nile, system of a down, opeth, vektor, ect... a bunch of bands with heavily distorted guitars, which is why i like the metalzone(which i tested through a smaller guitar amp with decent results).. ill want to use a clean sound too, but that shouldnt be a problem since all i have to do is turn off the pedal right?

edit: i was just looking at the kustom sienna online and noticed that it mentioned that it wasnt only for guitars:

The Sienna 30 is a 30-watt combo amplifier with a 10-inch speaker that is specifically designed to reproduce and enhance the natural sound of your guitar or other acoustic instrument. The approach is more "hi-fi" in nature. One ¼-inch instrument input plus a ¼-inch microphone input add flexibility for interfacing with the amp. You'll also find analog Reverb and Chorus effects to enhance your sound. EQ controls include a Feedback filter – very handy for live gigs. The Sienna 30 lets you fine-tune your sound, and then amplify it in a way that brings out its best qualities.

whatcha think?

Last edited by imrighterthanyouis; 06-29-2010 at 09:07 AM.
imrighterthanyouis is offline   Reply With Quote