Music Banter - View Single Post - New Wave
Thread: New Wave
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #60 (permalink)
Liljagare
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
While reading about Duran, I have to admit...I kind of liked the Arcadia spin-off album with Simon, Nick, and Roger. There's something about "Election Day" and "Goodbye is Forever" that seriously stand out from most of the Pop of the time, but the rest of the album is not bad. Quite surprising adventurousness. Not a classic, but I had to say it.

I think, in a way, the sound of Arcadia is a bit edgier than Duran Duran as a whole (which sounds silly to say since they are one in the same) and one that I preferred.

Quite honestly, I feel like bringing out my old Duran Duran and giving it a listen again. As a side bit of trivia, John Taylor is a nudist and I remember he stated that he did not enjoy wearing clothes in public or private, preferring nudism . Guess they could have raised the ticket prices if he had just ditched them during the shows

Another good band for this category would be Icicle Works.

Another one (and my edit again) would be Dragon (although I don't think they really made it outside of Australia/New Z I don't think. Great band though.).

Last edited by Liljagare; 06-29-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Liljagare is offline   Reply With Quote