Music Banter - View Single Post - The Police- Reggatta de Blanc
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

I love The Police, though I prefer their 80s work, this is the best of their two 70s albums. It's excellent.

Don't get the hate for Bed's Too Big Without You, the lyrics are indeed corny but the actual music is great, Sting and Copeland's bass and drum work is especially great on that one.

I do think Sting's early lyrics were overly simplistic (Love Me Do level) but once he got a little pretentious in the 80s I actually think he transformed into a pretty good lyricist. Still lyrics are not the main attraction of The Police, more than any other new wave group they were a musician's band.

I don't dislike any track here in particular but I'd say the worst is On Any Other Day, but hey it's a gag song and an amusing one.

I always considered Sting the true genius songwriter of the group but this album is different in that it features a very strong songwriting contribution from Copeland who is responsible for the more rocking tracks here.

Anyway can't say I liked this review, it's not descriptive at all, doesn't seem you put a lot of effort into it, and you just have a habit of simply stating weither you like or song or not without really describing the contents other than using simple adjectives like "funny" or "cool".

I rate the album an A and the review a D.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote