Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you think the 9/11 attack in New York was an inside job?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I realize that war is good for the US to put it a bit simple (forgive me if I offend) and that the 9/11 attack would be a pretty good excuse and would also give political support, but .. The twin towers right at the very heart of Manhattan and the Pentagon? I don't know. Granted, the attack on Pentagon didn't affect nearly as many people, but would really anyone with a sane mind support crashing a plane into the twin towers?

I can't know for sure, but I'm just thinking that if there really was such a conspiracy, you wouldn't be able to keep a lid on it because someone who strongly objects would find out about it and everyone potentially involved would know this and as a result not do it. In the case of a conspiracy, the chain really is not stronger than it's weakest link. Even if I was a politician for such a thing, I would consider it way too risky .. I couldn't trust and rely on other people to keep such a thing secret.

So I guess my assumption is that people would basically think somwhat like me and not conspire this way because of the risk-factor. Not just to yourself, but if found out, the american people could never trust it's government again. I know that trust has been stretched, but if one did this conspiracy and got found out, that could've easily torn the nation apart completely. Was the risk of that worth the war on terror/Afghanistan?

I feel it's worth mentioning that operation Northwoods, while certainly a plan, was to my knowledge never actually set in motion. I'm sure people can think of the benefits of doing this stuff, but getting through risk assessment to actually doing I think is different.