Music Banter - View Single Post - The Indie & Alternative Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #73 (permalink)
debaserr
eat the masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
OK so here's a band out of Portland that I've been sitting on for ages. They're called The Standard and for some reason they really struck a chord with me. They were the band that opened my ears to more indie rock and I've yet to find a band that's exactly like them... or even a smidge bit like them. I've passed their 2008 album The Swimmer onto two other people and met with some contrasting remarks. One person loved it, the other person hated it and I think left the forum because of it.

Anyhow I don't really know how to classify them other than indie. They've got some shoegaze elements, but for the most part their stuff is pretty mellow, which is something that usually turns me off most indie bands, but for some reason it doesn't have that same effect on me with these guys. I couldn't find any Youtube videos and for some reason I can't create any either so you'll have to make due with their Myspace, but I really hope a few people check them out. Indie rock is one of the few genres that I really have no talking points with so when I find a band that I really like but nobody else knows about, I get frustrated because I want to talk about them...

The Standard on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
i didn't leave. i just lurk.
debaserr is offline   Reply With Quote