Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles vs The Beach Boys
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Wink Brian Wilson

I find comparing the close relationship that the Beatles and the Beach Boys shared between each other from that certain era of 1961 and on, the be the most interesting view for me, instead of reflecting on the subject of who is the best of the two bands mentioned.
But I have to admit that I find Brian Wilson to be a unique, interesting, and intriguing legacy to review personally, (in conclusion) if the term musical genius is to be applied, then Brian Wilson should surely qualify for that position.
I mean Wilson was noticed for his natural musical abilities at the early age of two and three years old, at the age of eight he was backed by a church choir.
Its interesting the way he introduced 'doubletracking' into production at that certain time in 1963, and how he was also influenced by Phil Spector for one to mention, Wilson was known to strive for perfection in the studio.
And to the fact that the Beatles suggested Wilson was a major influence to their music.
And I was really shocked when I found that it affected Wilsons mental stabililty when Paul McCartney played a tape of 'A Day In The Life' for Wilson off of the Beatles Peppers album in Los Angeles, 1966.
Theres just so much interesting info. to review concerning the Beach Boys albums, production, personal life, you just have to get the whole story for yourself.
I might mention Brian Wilson does have an album release scheduled for Aug. 17th, 2010.
'Brian Wilsons Reimagines Gershwin', which includes Wilson completing two unfinished pieces by Gershwin, its hard to believe this guy is still making deals and recording (Disney Pearl Label).
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote