Music Banter - View Single Post - Overplayed Rock Songs
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #202 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

I can only think of 7 songs by The Police that get radioplay, and Roxanne and Every Breath You Take are the only ones that get played a LOT.

Queen do have several songs on the radio but the only ones I can't bear to hear anymore is We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions.

I'd say the most overplayed band on the radio is Aerosmith, without a f*cking doubt. We're talking well over 20 songs (possibly more it's hard to tell when so many of their songs sound the same) that are in constant rotation, finding themselves on every rock radio format that there is and maybe 5 or 6 of them are actually good songs.

You know, when your first 5 albums are your only good ones and you have put out nothing but crap from 1979 until the present day and yet you're still playing in sold out arenas and are considered one of the untouchable god bands in rock music I'd say you're pretty damn overrated. If it weren't for Tyler I don't think anyone would consider Aerosmith anything more than an adequate Rolling Stones cover band, though they haven't even been that since the mid 80s.

Hell Steven Tyler's greatest contribution to the world isn't even music related.

So yeah, I'm sick of Aerosmith.

Toys in the Attic and Rocks are still great albums though.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 07-02-2010 at 08:00 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote