Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official World Cup 2010 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #1124 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
It's been said before, but all that needs to be done is to introduce a challenge system a'la tennis - give each manager 3 challenges per game, set out a rule that they can only be used to challenge a goal decision and ther you have it.

From what I've read and the highlights I've seen, looks like Uruguay-Ghana was a hell of a game. A bit of a pisser I had to be at work while it was on. Still, at least I saw the Netherlands get past Brazil - miserable first half, but pretty lively from there on. Assuming Suarez is out of the semi, I can see this being the best world cup for 30-odd years for Oranje.
The best matches are always played when you`re at work its happened to me in the past and you certainly missed the most exciting match so far. It wasn`t end to end stuff, but a match were one team dominated for long periods and looked like scoring before the pendulum shifted again to the other side. In the second half, Uruguay had at one time 5 attacking players as they didn`t want it to go to extra time, and at the end of extra time Ghana pushed so hard at the end that their fitness levels were amazing and were so unlucky.

Uruguay have Suarez and Fucile suspended and captain Lugano got injured therefore they shouldn`t beat Holland but then again........

Certainly agree about the challenges and a great idea
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote