Music Banter - View Single Post - Sugar's Musical Reflections
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #85 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Ah, sweet, sweet, romantic Sugar! I can see why you would identify with the singer in "Listen Listen Listen," which I agree is a simple, non-flashy song. How lucky your friends are to have you lifting them up when they're beating themselves down.

Since you at first slept through the New Inheritors album and then critiqued it as being too repetitive, I don't feel so motivated to listen to the whole thing. Even "Listen" feels kind of repetitive and methodical to me. Also, I guess I just prefer other singers' voices to this singer's voice, which sounds too whispery for my tastes. But I like it that *you* like the song! And, as always, I like reading your reviews.
Hey, Erica!
Thanks for reading. =]

I just editted my post, "Untitled" was the one I fell asleep to at first.
I didn't fall asleep because it was bad, I fell asleep because it was comfortable to fall asleep to.
The "New Inheritors" album did seem a tad repetitive at first listen. I'm going to listen to it again and see what I think this time, maybe on a drive to work or something like that.
The singer's voice of Wintersleep isn't always that whispery, it's just the soft song on the album. I can link another song to you, if you'd like.

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote