Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you satisfied with your gender?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #96 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Actually, I didn't call her a homophobe, just compared that line of thinking with one commonly present with homophobes.
Yeah well comparing someone to a homophobe just because they can't understand a certain lifestyle is jumping to ridiculous conclusions.

I mean, I don't understand neo nazi culture and if that puts my line of logic on terms with a homophobe then so be it.

Not comparing trannies to nazis but I think you understand that what I'm trying to say is hating something and simply not understanding the appeal of something shouldn't be equated with each other. Glass finds it morally wrong and I can really understand why she feels that way but that doesn't mean she feels transexuals should be denied any rights.

Quote:
Changing your body is a drastic thing to do, but it only goes to show how much these people are suffering. Same goes for plastic surgery, if it helps you feel better about yourself, why would anyone have a problem with it? Really, I don't understand. Again, this is not your body, it does not concern you, so why would you disagree with it?
Like I said some people do oppose plastic surgery for various reasons.

Me? I think people have a right to do whatever they want with their bodies if it makes them feel better. But I do think people nowadays have a habit of jumping to making drastic changes based on emotional impulses and I just hope they don't regret these choices in the future.

I just don't know why it's so hard to accept why a guy would have trouble with the idea of other guys cutting their wangs off.

I mean by doing it you're denying yourself the abillity to feel sexual pleasure ever again. Surely one day we'll have technology where doctors can actually replace your junk with a fully functional vagina complete with a synthetic nervous system and that will be a great day for trannies indeed but in the meantime there's no way to make a "true" transgender transition and I just don't think cutting your organs off is worth the effort because all that will be left is a stump where they used to be. What's the point?

The only good reasons I can think of are aesthetics and to cut off the testosterone supply. But still our technology is too limited and you can only make it half way there so why bother? Maybe if you're asexual and it won't be much of a loss to you, but the good majority of transgender people live "sexual" lifestyles. At this point in time man cannot truly become female so why not settle with having the one sexual organ you were born with instead of giving it up without getting anything back in return?

EDIT: Never mind, I've done some research and learned what a vaginoplasty is. Goddamn I have a hard time keeping up with technological breakthroughs.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 07-03-2010 at 01:49 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote