Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 09:44 PM   #4079 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
The NHS is fucked. I really don't think it's as complex as it is over there, though I might be wrong. Like you say a note and time off work wouldn't do much good, if you're depressed or down anyway.. it's difficult to get out of bed. If you're ALLOWED to stay in bed with no repercussions from not being in work then the depression would get worse, thus the time off really wouldn't help. I'd imagine HAVING to drag yourself out of bed, even though you're depressing and it's difficult - that'd be more beneficial than being in bed all day.
I know people who have definitely abused the system when it comes to getting imaginary depression-related illnesses diagnosed by the doctor. I've considered going to a doctor in the past for depression and i know this makes no sense but these people have put me off doing it. It makes no sense because for those who are genuinely depressed, they can get help. I've never been 100% sure that ive been depressed but when it came to picking up the phone and making an appointment i just figured that if someone could con a doctor into diagnosing them as being depressed when there was nothing wrong with them then do i really want to go to a doctor, have them tell me im depressed and not really know whether i should believe them or not?

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote