Music Banter - View Single Post - Likes/Dislikes
Thread: Likes/Dislikes
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 01:05 AM   #191 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

I don't even acknowledge the existence of stylistic sects any more. I don't know if it's the product of growing up or just ceasing to give a fuck, but I really think that all the so called Hipsters, Emos, Goths, etc. are really just the same fucking thing looking a little different from each other and listening to music that sounds different, and hating everyone who doesn't belong in their sheep pin.

When I was a teen, I did the same crap--albeit for different styles/music culture identification--so I can relate and I don't really blame people for it.... But from my perspective, these stylistically-minded people who listen to only what their style permits and their friends accept... they look and are acting fucking retarded.

I wish I had the brain I have, back when I was doing that stupid shit. I probably would have learned a lot more about music and culture than I did up until this point.

Now days, I hear about "Hipsters" and all these other trends, and I just see a bunch of people who are temporarily populating a passing phenomenon and nothing more. I couldn't give a fuck less. I don't hang out with them. They have no impact on my opinions or anything else involved in my life that I have actual control over.

Popular/influential style may as well be located in another fucking dimension for all I care.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote