Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you satisfied with your gender?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #152 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Legshaving IS conforming to social stigma. If you were an unshaven woman going out in public, then you would KNOW this, boo hoo.
It's not really social stigma, it's not like having hairy legs would cause a social outcry, it's just not considered attractive but so are a lot of things and with all the fetishes in the world surely you will find someone with a turn on for it.

I wouldn't say I'm being a conformist sheep just because I'm not attracted to unshaven legs, that's just how I feel, I know it's "natural" and all that but I just don't find it aesthically appealing and I consider it way too manly looking and yes I know that sounds bogus coming from someone with a domehead fetish.

But yeah I'm attracted to things like that which are considered freaky and bizarre by most of society and it's something I can never get anyone to understand. I understand what it's like not to fit in. But I don't think you're a bad person if you DO.

As I argued before I think it's an unfair generalization to say all women who shave their legs are being forced to do it, it's a personal choice. Yes it's a vital method in attracting males (and c'mon attracting mates via aesthetics is just animal instinct at work) but why is it a bad thing? Especially if they are satisfied with the results for both aesthetic and yes even comfort reasons?

Again there's nothing wrong with self maintenence, women just shave their legs for the same reason you maintain other parts of your body like hair or teeth or fingernails. You could play the "but guys have hairy legs" card sure but guys also have beards. I guess you could argue that it's unfair that men can be hairy but women are encouraged not to be hairy but I'm sorry, I conform to that view, granted I take it to it's greatest extreme.

If women really hated doing it and deemed it unnecessary I think they would make the same choice as you. As long as you aren't patronizing women who choose to shave their legs. If you're not tolerant of other people's choices you will never be able to eliminate social stigma, you'll only be able to replace it with another.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 07-04-2010 at 01:20 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote