Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you satisfied with your gender?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 06:46 AM   #159 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber View Post
There have been quite a few girls/women on here comment that they really feel they have been held back by their gender. Now, I can certainly see how in many, MANY situations, being female makes things a little more difficult for me, but I honestly can not come up with a single instance where I was actually denied an opportunity because of being female (aside from certain religious ceremonies or rituals I was denied entrance to while travelling, but that's a pretty isolated and obscure situation). I'm really curious to know how you were actually held back from a specific goal?
Im really curious to know some of the responses to this too. I am not going to claim that we are completely equal in all walks of life just yet because i dont believe we are quite there yet but in our average, day-to-day life i just dont happen to be seeing women being held back. I dont see women losing jobs, failing to get a job or frankly any other instance of women actually unfairly losing out on an opportunity or being held back simply for the reason that they are female. If this is not always the case then i would be very interested to hear some stories the women here may have.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote